[uClinux-dev] Controlling DTR

Rob Norman rjnorman at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 28 11:22:19 EST 2001

Hi.

I'm talking to a wireless modem that requires DTR and I'm  feeling a bit stuck being new to Linux and not familiar with serial control protocols.  I've got code that talks to the serial ports of my uCdimm but cannot figure out how to control the DTR  which is sitting at ground.  I've looked at code examples in minicom but can't decipher  what options are appropriate to my module.  I'm on a tight schedule and would appreciate some help here.

I'm using system IO to talk to the modem --- open, read write.  Is there a better way to access my modem?

Thanks in advance

Robert Norman
 www.acpropulsion.com