[uClinux-dev] Question regarding ucLinux update for ucGardener/simm (fwd)

Per Winkvist nd96pwt at adeptus.student.hig.se
Wed Nov 28 09:31:04 EST 2001

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, David McCullough wrote:

> Jivin David McCullough lays it down ...
> >
> > Jivin Per Winkvist lays it down ...
> > [...]
> > > and nothing more...
> > >
> > Just in case,  did you change back to 9600 baud ?
> > From memory the uCsimm console runs at 9600.
>
> Correction,  the default 2.4 kernel setup is for a himem image.
> This will not work from ROM :-(
>
> Tick the 'Customize Kernel Settings' in menuconfig and then choose
> kernel executes from 'ROM' under the 'Processor type and features',
> and it should fix you up.  Probably best to do a make clean, make dep,
> make combo to be sure.

Awesome, it now works. Thanks David!
Some questions though,

When I do a "mount -t nfs 192.168....:/foo /bar" I get NFS:NFS v3 not
supported. mount ..... unknown error 22
To get nfs mounts working do I need to add nfs support as a module to the
kernel and recompile ? (Currently I only have slhc and isdn as modules)

When I did the make menuconfig "uc-libc" was predefined. I believe uclibc
a much better alternative since I had "LIBC:PRINTF" problems with the
former. When I chose uclibc I got a several compilation errors... Am I
missing something ?

Can I set the CONSOLE_BAUD_RATE to 115000 in config.arch to get snappier
serial terminal ? Why is it 9600 by default ?

Thanks again,

Per