[uClinux-dev] Question regarding ucLinux update for ucGardener/simm (fwd)

Bernhard Kuhn bkuhn at lineo.com
Wed Nov 28 09:25:26 EST 2001

David McCullough schrieb:

> Anyone have an opinion on what the default should be ?  I am partial
> to ROM being the default,

ROM sounds good: once the images has been downloaded via
RS232, IMHO most ppl tend to flash it. Personaly, i never
tried to run am image from RAM. My favorite is certainly
HIMEM, but it seems that setting up and flashing an image
(so that it is able to boot himem images) is to much work
for most users ...

best regards

Bernhard

--
Bernhard Kuhn, Software Engineer, Lineo Inc. (Where Open Meets Smart)