[uClinux-dev] Question regarding ucLinux update for ucGardener/simm (fwd)

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Wed Nov 28 06:59:02 EST 2001

Jivin David McCullough lays it down ...

> Jivin Per Winkvist lays it down ...
> [...]
> > and nothing more...
> >
> > FLASH type 2249 [AM29LV160B]
> > MC68EZ328 uCgardener board
> >
> > Perhaps "Lineo/uCsimm" option is wrong ? (even though the config.arch
> > seems to be correct)
> >
> > Any clues or hints are appreciated !
>
> Just in case,  did you change back to 9600 baud ?
> From memory the uCsimm console runs at 9600.

Correction,  the default 2.4 kernel setup is for a himem image.
This will not work from ROM :-(

Tick the 'Customize Kernel Settings' in menuconfig and then choose
kernel executes from 'ROM' under the 'Processor type and features',
and it should fix you up.  Probably best to do a make clean, make dep,
make combo to be sure.

Anyone have an opinion on what the default should be ?  I am partial
to ROM being the default,

davidm at snapgear.com  Fx: +61 7 3891 3630  825 Stanley St., W'gabba QLD 4102, Oz