[uClinux-dev] BDM revisited

Bruce Paterson bruce at tele-ip.com
Wed Nov 28 02:06:28 EST 2001

Hi,

Having trouble getting insight going.

My situation is as follows:
ICD cable which works with Pavel Pisa's bdm driver (patch to gdb-5.0). I
can happily load
and debug code, but only with coff format files.

Insight, however, complains about an "Invalid target command" when I try
to connect to the
target (and talks about /dev/bdmcf0, but I think this is a bug in the
debugs).

Background:
I have d/l Insight5.1 and patched it with the BDM patches for
gdb5.0/insight5.0. I had to do some
patching by hand due to the 5.0->5.1 change but these seemed trivial.
The patches come from the
Coldfire release, but are also meant to support ICD cables on MC68360
(cpu32).
I have compiled the m68k-bdm-gdb sucessfully and the insight application
runs.
I have uninstalled Pavel's bdm driver, and instead installed the bdm
driver that comes with this
Coldfire release (it uses a different major number, different /dev
entries and the bdm.h file is
quite different). I used this one's bdm.h file when compiling the
insight code.
Bruce
intended
addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system
manager.

    /\\\/\\\/\\\    /   /    Bruce Paterson          VK3TJN
   /  \\\ \\\ \\\  /   /     Senior Design Engineer
  /   /\\\/\\\/\\\/   /      87 Peters Ave, Mulgrave, Vic, 3170
 /   /  \\\ \\\ \\\  /       PO Box 4112, Mulgrave, Vic, 3170, AUSTRALIA
/   /    \\\/\\\ \\\/        Ph: +61 3 8561 4232  Fax: +61 3 9560 9055
      Tele-IP Ltd.           Email: bruce at tele-ip.com    Icq: #32015991
                             WWW:   http://www.tele-ip.com