[uClinux-dev] userland problem in arm

Tom Walsh tom at cyberiansoftware.com
Tue Nov 27 12:01:17 EST 2001

Lycourgus Papageorgiou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile the userland applications in an arm-uclinux environment (I have compiled uclinux 2.0.38-7 kernel). I have no problems with compiling the kernel, but when I
> try to compile the userland applications , compilation goes fine untill arm-uclinux-ld starts doing it's job.
> arm-uclinux-ld says something like "undefined reference to printf" etc.
>
> The option -L/opt/uClinux/uC-libc/ does not affect it's attitude. Also it does not recognize the option  -l/opt/uClinux/uC-libc/libc.a    .
>
> Does anyone has any idea of what maybe wrong??
>
> Thanks a lot..
> Lycourgus
> This message resent by the uclinux-dev at uclinux.org list server http://www.uClinux.org/

>From 'man ld':

"-lar     Add  an  archive  file  ar to the list of files to link.  This
option may be used any number of times.  ld will search its path-list
for occurrences of libar.a for every ar specified."

-Lsearchdir   This command adds path searchdir to the list of paths that
ld will search for archive libraries.   You  may  use this option any
number of times.
"

You should only have to '-lc' to link in libc.a, and optionally add the
searchdir with '-L/opt/uClinux/uC-libc/'

The manpage is not clear about the -l option, until you read it a few
times.  :-)

TomW