[uClinux-dev] BDM Init Error messages

twebster at daksoft.com twebster at daksoft.com
Mon Nov 26 13:00:15 EST 2001

Greg,

Ok, I got the BDM cable working now, on my second machine.  First gave me
all kinds of errors.

Now, I tried to recover the machine with the following gdb commands
     load images/image.elf
     set $pc = 0x400

The image.elf loads fine after a few minutes, I execute the set command and
that works fine.

But when I execute c, it prints out "Continuing" and then sits there and
does nothing?   I notice all the board lights come on and all of them start
flashing but the system does not appear to boot,

     1. Should I see any messages that the command completed?
     2. The image should boot but I don't see any console messages, should
I?
     3.  How big should the image.elf be?

Tony Webster

                    Greg Ungerer
                    <gerg at snapgear.com>       To:     uclinux-dev at uclinux.org
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    owner-uclinux-dev at u       Subject:     Re: [uClinux-dev] BDM Init Error messages
                    clinux.org

                    11/21/2001 04:42 PM
                    Please respond to
                    uclinux-dev

Hi Tony,

twebster at daksoft.com wrote:
> I am trying to get my BDM cable to work with a SnapGear Pro unit
(coldfire
> processor).  I am receiving two different error messages on two different
> machines.
>
> Machine 1
>      RedHat 7.1 using gdb-bdm-20010901 from
> ftp://www.cybertec.com.au/pub/bdm/
>
>      I did a make install of the driver and the loaded the module, insmod
> bdm
>      Then installed the library   cd lib ; make install
>      Then cd test ; make
>      ./chk /dev/bdmcpu320

This is the wrong device for a ColdFire CPU target.
You should be using /dev/bdmcf0.

(It should be major=34, minor=4 too).

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard        EMAIL:  gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear                                       PHONE:    +61 7 3435 2888
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia              WEB:   www.snapgear.com
This message resent by the uclinux-dev at uclinux.org list server
http://www.uClinux.org/