[uClinux-dev] Port to 68376 ?

mathias.fritzson at mecel.se mathias.fritzson at mecel.se
Thu Nov 22 11:00:57 EST 2001

Thanks a lot Paul

We have encountered problems with compiling tools and the menuconfig for the
kernel, problem as follows

First of all  we are using NT4.00.1381 SP4 IIRC

Compiling tools:
 running...
gcc -c -g -O2 -I. -I./../include _DNEED_sys_siglist  -DNEED_basename
-DNEED_strsignal sterror.c
sterror.c:461: conflicting types for  `sys_errlist´
/usr/include/sys/errno.h:23: previous declaration of `sys_errlist´
make[2]: *** [sterror.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/opt/uClinux/tools/uclinuxgcc-kit-160899/binutils-2.9.1.kernel/libiberty´
make[1]: *** [all-libiberty] Error2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/opt/uClinux/tools/uclinuxgcc-kit-160899/binutils-2.9.1.kernel´
make: *** [/opt/uClinux/bin/m68k-coff-as] Error 2

Any suggestions ??

we tried to bypass the problem by skipping some of the external variables in
/usr/include/sys/errno.h

got hung on a missing cc compilator, is it safe to revert to gcc?

configurating the kernel:

make menuconfig doesnt work either hangs on "ld returned 1 exit status"

make config runs nicely  =)

but make dep hangs on /asm/flat.h, /asm/io.h, /asm/m5707sim.h and /asm/mcfmbus.h

If you have any suggestions  we will be very happy =)

Question for the community, is there any use of the mc68k compiler at
http://www.fiddes.net/coldfire/gcc.htm ??

/Mathias

Hello Mathias -

I can help you out with Cygwin a little bit, but somebody else will have to
help you with the '376.  Take some time to download the packages, read the
docs, etc. and let me know if there is something you need help with.

Paul B.