[uClinux-dev] 2.4.10 kmalloc has bugs?

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Wed Nov 21 22:49:44 EST 2001

Jivin kernig kovacs lays it down ...
> To Michiel
>
> Thanks you for your help.
> I found some problem about memory setting.
> But now I have to find how to set up a discontinue memory.
> I put my kernel in middle of my memory map and the kernel use memory after
> address of end of kernel. How to let the kernel use the memory before the

Easy,  tell the kernel about all of the memory as one contiguous block,
then you mark all the kernel/initrd pages as reserved,  that way no one will
ever use them.

The kernel allocator will then allocate around the kernel/etc as required.

> address of start of the kernel in this nommu system? What is zone(0),
> zone(1), zone(2)?

They go something like DMA, NORMAL, HIGHMEM.

On 68k we only have normal pages at the moment,  the other two zones are 0
length,

davidm at snapgear.com  Fx: +61 7 3891 3630  825 Stanley St., W'gabba QLD 4102, Oz