[uClinux-dev] getting dns server names from ISP

François Tremblay francois.tremblay at smisrd.com
Wed Nov 21 11:10:44 EST 2001

if your / is a romfs, you /etc/resolv.conf cannot be edited. A solution can
be a symlink
to a file in a ramfs  (/etc/resolv.conf -> /var/resolv.conf) that you put in
the
romfs directory before compiling uclinux. You must be able to edit
to file a running time.

Another solution can be edit the /etc/resolv.conf in the romfs before
the compilation of uClinux and include a particular nameserver
(a DNS server of a university, your ISP, international none-profit
organization, etc...)
In general, any dns server can be used and you can use more than one!