[uClinux-dev] in.h conflicts (& some fixes)

Tom Walsh tom at cyberiansoftware.com
Tue Nov 20 21:46:17 EST 2001

Bruce Paterson wrote:

> I'm nearly there with compiling the new source bundle !
> I'm using uClibc and 2.4.x kernel from the "distrib" bundle for a
> m68knommu (68360) new
> vendor target.
>
> Note: For some reason when make was compiling uClib it didn't include
> the -m68000 option.
> This meant when it got to "user" it failed with truncation errors since
> uClibc had been compiled
> with the wrong PIC model. Solved by adding -m68000 to uClib/Config:
> ARCH_CFLAGS2 and re-making uClibc.
> Not sure if this is a known problem or if this is the best way to solve
> it.
>
> Note2: I had to add <termios.h> to gtermcap/termcap.c to resolve
> references, and add a few <stdlib.h>
> in some user apps to force the uClibc macro versions of some libc calls.
>
> My problem now is compiling user/ifattach:
> I can't see any references to this in the archives so maybe I haven't
> set something up right.
> I get a whole heap of conflicts between:
> /projs/rsc/uClinux/lib/uClibc/include/linux/in.h
> /projs/rsc/uClinux/lib/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h
> I'm sure only one of them is meant to be referenced, but I'm not sure
> which ! They are both
> included directly in ifconfig.c as <linux/in.h> and <netinet/in.h>.
> Also problems with linux/if.h and linux/in.h

Some of those apps only will work/compile against a 2.0.38 kernel.
IIRC, ifattach was specific to 2.0.38, here is my bin dir from my
M68EZ328 2.4.6 install:

agetty*    chroot@   expand*	 inetd*    mkdir@    rm@       umount@
basename@  cp@	     false@	 init*	   mount@    route@    vi*
busybox*   cut@      free@	 kill@	   mv@	     sh*       yes@
cat@	   dd@	     gdbserver*  killall@  ping@     tail@
chgrp@	   df@	     getopt@	 ln@	   portmap*  telnetd*
chmod@	   discard*  hostname@	 login*    ps@	     touch@
chown@	   echo@     ifconfig@	 ls@	   pwd@      true@

I use the busybox as much as possible, all those soft links ('@') point
to the busybox binary.  As you can see, I use ifconfig instead of
ifattach.

Regards,

TomW