[uClinux-dev] question about Interrupt handler

JoeyShen shen_zl at 263.net
Sun Nov 18 21:09:12 EST 2001

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
  Following Alessandro's book of device driver, I finally succeed in making the handler respond to the external interrupt. Thanks for Alessandro's great job!
  There still remains a question puzzled me. Alessandro said in the chapter of interrupt handling that "A handler can’t transfer data to or from user space". I wonder if the handler can send messages or signals to the user space applications. If it can not, I would wake up another kernel process which has slept on a certain signal, then the woken process would communicate with the user applications. Am I right?
  Thanks for replying!
Regards!
                              joey