[uClinux-dev] All things uClinux ... WWW/CVS/ etc ...

mdurrant at uclinux.org mdurrant at uclinux.org
Sun Nov 18 20:53:11 EST 2001

Everyone appreciates the efforts of all the participants of
this list.  I have been planing to overhaul the look of all the
uClinux.org machines for months.  So I am sorry that things are
looking a bit tired.  For those who have recommendations please
forward them to me or to the list.   As for content (FAQs, DOCs,
and and text content issues) please forwad them to me
mdurrant at uclinux.org quickly as I am going to reserve some time
to update things and I will make a first cut over the next two
weeks.   Perhaps Tom Walsh can offer me some advise off line.
I think I have his phone number somewhere.  If not can you email
me your number again.

Now for Technical gotcha bits of this list....
Everone may have noticed a few hickups due to repeating messages
the other day and about a month ago (sorry forgot the exact date).
The one from a month a go was easy to explain. We replaced the
machine handling the many lists and restored a tape back up of
the previous machine.  Bad idea to copy the mqueue directory ...
oops will not do that again.  Sorry for the duplicated messages.
As for the duplicates that happened on Thursday/Friday for a 6
hour period of time... We are not sure what happened but we
noticed that messages with attachments where send a second time
with the attachents stripped.  The logs have proven that the
reference id was not munged so people who have good machines
that check for duplicate message ids did not notice the dups.
The machine stopped 6 hours after it started and we gave it
a good check up at 10AM EST.  Some may have noticed the
machine was down for a few hours Friday morning as we ripped
through the logs and purged the outbound queue.

As for the CVS, I am very happy that Greg, David, Erik and
other have been working on posting peoples patches as
well as their advances to the uClinux project.   As for the
RTAI bits that Bernhard was working on .. I am hoping to
set up an area on the sites to support his advances as well.
Cool stuff!

--
Michael Durrant (ve3pnx)
mdurrant at uclinux.org