[uClinux-dev] A pervasive problem...

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Sun Nov 18 07:26:56 EST 2001

On Sun Nov 18, 2001 at 01:12:00AM -0500, Tom Walsh wrote:
> Erik Andersen wrote:
> >

> > I'm planning on checking greg's latest and greatest into
> > cvs.uclinux.org so that we can make sure that changes to
> > userspace are carefully watched...
> >

> Excellent idea!  This will help focus efforts at improving the unified
> distro that Greg has been putting out.  Also, this may jog some of the
> 2.0.38-1pre7 + PIC users to use something a little newer?

That is the hope.  I know I personally _hate_ getting bug reports on
two year old buggy versions of uC-libc for bugs I fixed ages ago.
Thats silly.  One of the major reasons I got cvs.uclinux.org set up in
the first place was to try and de-fragment the uClinux world.  I think
so far it has not exactly lived up to its potential or intent...

So I very much hope we can have the One True Source Tree(tm) that
everyone uses.  One that doesn't suck.  That makes like better for
everyone,

 -Erik