[uClinux-dev] freshman

Tom Walsh tom at cyberiansoftware.com
Sun Nov 18 02:25:39 EST 2001

263linux wrote:

> hi , Davidm  and other friends
>
> Thank you very much .
>
> I have heard that linux-2.4.14 can remove the vm easily by configuring ...
> I am not familiar with this source code , I have download the source code package.
> I will study the package these day.

I believe that you are referring to the new VMM code that Linus Torvalds
will be incorporating into the linux versions of his from now on, vs.
the present (older) VMM code that Alan Cox will continue to use /
maintain in his linux releases.  I sincerely doubt that you will find
that the stock 2.4.14 kernel will be "removing" the VMM code, probably
just (may) give you a choice of which VMM you want to use.

TomW