[uClinux-dev] Atmel serial driver, 2.4

Erwin Authried eauth at softsys.co.at
Sat Nov 17 04:45:52 EST 2001

Fabrice Gautier schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I have some problems with the serial console on my atmel EB63 board.
>
> It seems to work but all the output is garbage. I tried to debug using ARM
> AXD debugger and MultiICE connected to the JTAG port of the board, but it
> seems that a linux kernel is a too big for axd to handle it nicely so if i
> try to set breakpoint in the serial_atmel.c code it freezes. However when i
> run it without breakpoint, it ends up in a kernel panic probably because it
> cant mount the root fs (which is normal)
>
> I'm not sure where to look for the bug now, all seems ok.
>
> Does someone got 2.4 serial console running on an atmel board ?
>
> Thanks,
I have used it with the AT91M40xxx all the time. Are you sure that you
have
adapted asm/arch/hardware.h for the EB63? Most of the necessary AT91
specific
changes can be found in the 2.0 kernel at http://cvs.home.at/. There
were
two separate architecure specific directories for the EB01 and the EB63.
In the 2.4 kernel, everything is in one arch-atmel directory. I think it
is better this way because the AT91 CPUs are very similar.

-Erwin