[uClinux-dev] what's wrong with my romfs?

Tom Walsh tom at cyberiansoftware.com
Fri Nov 16 12:12:46 EST 2001

> zhanglei wrote:
>
> Dear All:
>
> My hardware: VZ328ADS
>
> My software: uclinux-2.0.381pre7
>
> My compiler: m68k-elf-gcc
>
> I have successfully compiled my kernel with m68k-elf-gcc and the
> kernel almost run well on the board.
>
> But I find the kernel is panicing after the information below on my
> ttyS0.
>
> .

First of all, would you please send your messages in text format?  Thank
you!

Before we can give you some advice on the problem you are having,
capture the entire boot messages and send them to the list here so that
we can see what the kernel is reporting while it is booting up (up to
the panic point)..  What would really be most useful is that you add a
'#define DEBUG 1' in arch/m68knommu/kernel/setup.c, this will give us
the memory map (as the kernel sees it) as well as info on the romfs
itself.

TomW