[uClinux-dev] 2.4.x questions

Travis Griggs tgriggs at keyww.com
Thu Nov 15 15:11:35 EST 2001

Greg Ungerer wrote:

<snip>

> Currently the 4k internal RAM is not used by uClinux.
<snip>

No kidding? Is it hard to change this? I'm really very new (naive) to
all of this low level stuff. I am told that the SDRAM on the C3 board is
not 0 wait state (he didn't remember exact value off the top of his
head, he thot maybe 3). The on chip is 0. It would seem like a good idea
to park the on chip ram right behind the SDRAM, and then let the stack
grow down from their. I don't really know how deep the stack usually is,
but my thot was that it might spend a good part of its time in the
faster ram.

On a related note I guess, when we start doing our own boards, I've been
told that they're going to make them similiar to the C3, but will put in
512K fast static 0 wait state ram? How will I ensure that uClinux uses
that by preference?

--
Travis Griggs
Member: 3rd Boolean State Software Collective