[uClinux-dev] 2.4.x questions

Bernhard Kuhn bkuhn at lineo.com
Thu Nov 15 09:15:46 EST 2001

David McCullough schrieb:

> You could have MTD look after your flash,  but on the M5272C3 we do not
> have the flash configured in so people don't trash their dmon loader ;-)

I have done a memory init (just like nettel.elf/elia.elf) so that
you can load a kernel to ram via bdm-gdb, just in case the
bootloader (or the kernel+romfs) on the flash is badly damaged.
(use .gdbinit.sram).

BTW.: this piece of code is mostly ripped out from colilo (GPL)
and could be used as a very simple bootloader :-)

best regards

Bernhard

--
Bernhard Kuhn, Software Engineer, Lineo Inc. (Where Open Meets Smart)