[uClinux-dev] [patch] ARM: -mdisable-got adapted for gcc-3.0.2

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at acter.ch
Thu Nov 15 06:07:35 EST 2001

darmasakti at netscape.net wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> I've compiled gcc-3.0.2 with your patch for arm-uclinux target. I've got trouble with machine descriptor (arm.md). CC_C modes unknown....
> Would you like advice me more ?

I suspect that my patch is far from perfect. And I know for sure that it
produces wrong code for the switch statement whith -mthumb and -fpic (or
-membedded-pic)

So I would advise that you don't use my patch if you're just interested
in using a uclinux toolchain.

I guess your problem was while compiling gcc? I would be interested in
the (end of the) output of make; iirc my patch does not modify arm.md.

greets from Zürich
-- vbi