[uClinux-dev] definition conflicts in userland compilation

Khaled Hassounah khassounah at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 04:47:57 EST 2001

after a couple of interesting nights, and lots of help from many guys here, I managed to get the 2.4 kernel, latest libraries and tools to compile. to add to the fun, the userland is giving me hard time.

I have gcc 2.95.3 with the patch from the 20010716 uClinux tool distribution (the latest as far as I know), and am using the latest uClibc. There are many conflicts between the headers of those two (the compiler and C library), almost none of the userland binaries are compiling correctly.

I am thinking of working on fixing them, but I'm not sure what I will find there, if someone has any idea what is happening here, that will help me either do it faster, or discover that I don't need to do anything at all ;-).

thanks
Khaled