[uClinux-dev] task queues

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Thu Nov 15 01:38:40 EST 2001

Jivin John Jeffers lays it down ...
> Hi
>
> Task queues are normally used to do back end driver processing in the Kernel.
>
> I seem to have one that runs on a RH6.2 machine and locks up on a uClinux
> 2.0.38 68EZ328 machine.  One thing I have learned is to ask when I see such
> things is uC supposed to work in this regard. (This method is straight out
> of  Rubini)
>
> Yes would be a good answer if No what should one do instead?

Should work that same.  Actually I am fairly sure they are used by some of
the drivers we are running.

If it's locking up then it may be addresses some HW the wrong way,  who
knows.

> Just as a cute thought has anyone put a uClinux emulator in a "linux
> process" kind of like wine or the pilot emulators.  At that a pilot

Xcopilot already runs uClinux.  I have run uClinux in the gdb arm emulator
as well with a lot of hacking.  You can implement your own dodgy memory
protection in an emulator ;-)

> emulator might be just the starting place since one could probably
> instrument up an simulator easily. David M could probably go straight to
> the Coldfire stuff.  A 5272 should be entertaining to rig up leave pin
> API's and change the Ethernet Driver to be pipelined to the hosts.  Hmmm.

There is also a coldfire emulator that I know can be made to run uClinux as
well,

davidm at snapgear.com  Fx: +61 7 3891 3630  825 Stanley St., W'gabba QLD 4102, Oz