Atmel support in 2.4 (was : [uClinux-dev] new uClinux distribution snapshot)

Tom Walsh tom at cyberiansoftware.com
Thu Nov 15 00:00:06 EST 2001

Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> What boards does the ATMEL target in 2.4 supports? I have a EB63 board, but
> some coments seems to imply it supports the EB01 board. (But as some
> comments also mention integrator, i'm not sure of anything ;-) )
> Does it eventually support both EB01 and EB63 ? (I'm not sure exactly what
> the differences are between those two boards)

Same old problem: the documentation is not yet (ever?) forthcoming from
the people in the know who are doing it!  Did you try any of the configs
to see if your EB63 board runs?  Or, what?

I'm not sure of anything either, but I have learned how to hack into the
kernel and get answers for myself, or how to pose specific questions to
the list so that knowledgable people can answer.  The type of question
that you pose here borders on what I would consider that of asking for
"consulting".  Maybe if someone has a spare half-hour they can give you
a detailed reply expressing the pros / cons of each of the various
target platforms...  More likely, they are done for the day and would
rather spend that half hour with friends / family?

Part of the art of using a list server is to formulate a question..
What was it exactly you wanted?

1. A college level  course on uClinux for the ARM.

2. An answer to a specific question.

TomW