[uClinux-dev] arm uclinux toolchain - source code?

Erwin Authried eauth at softsys.co.at
Wed Nov 14 05:01:35 EST 2001

Fabrice Gautier schrieb:

> [...]
The original source without patches will work fine.

> And fully relocatable code means what exactly?
> Binary Flat, no PIC, GOT? (and XIP)?

The code should be compiled with -Wl,elf2flt, so that the elf2flt tool
is used
instead of the normal linker. This will convert the elf object file into
flat
format. The elf object file has relocations in the text, data and bss
segments,
this means it is not suitable for XIP(eXectute In Place). There's a
patch for
gcc-2.95.3 for PIC code, but as far as I know, that doesn't work with
the current
elf2flt tools. If you want to experiment, I have shamelessly stolen the
patch
from Tonny Tzeng's website and included that in the gcc package on
http://uclinux.home.at/midori/. (Thank's, Tonny!)
If you don't use the pic options, the compiler should behave in the same
way
as the unpatched one. You can use this compiler for both kernel and user
space apps.

Regards,
Erwin