[uClinux-dev] arm uclinux toolchain - source code?

Khaled Hassounah khassounah at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 04:42:31 EST 2001

A fully relocatable code is code in which all the location-dependent
addresses are listed in a relocation table that is appeneded to the code
itself. Initially, all the addresses are relevant to an origin of zero. When
the executable is loaded into memory, all the location-dependent addresses
that have entries in the appended table are adjusted to reflect the new
origin.

As for elf vs flat, Greg Ungerer's answer in the uclinux archives answers
your question elegantly
http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/archive/0329.html

I know the m68k elf compiler is capable of producing both fully relocatable
and pic binaries.

If you want to read about this in more detail, you can check this document
out: http://www.beyondlogic.org/uClinux/gcc-2.95.3.pdf

Regards
Khaled