[uClinux-dev] Adding new board support in latest snapshot

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Wed Nov 14 01:44:11 EST 2001

Jivin Tom Walsh lays it down ...
> David McCullough wrote:
> >

> > The kernel itself still operates as it always has.  You need entries in
> > Boards.mk and so on.  What a number of platforms do is check if the value
> > has been defined (ie., CROSS_COMPILE),  if not,  default it to something
> > normal,  otherwise use the one from the environment (config.arch).
> >
> > > cp: vendors/Netlink/ExpressLink/config.linux: No such file or directory
> >
> > The above error from below says you do not have a default config.linux in
> > the vendors/VendorName/Product dir either.  As gerg suggested,  copy one
> > from somewhere else and then customise it.  Although if you don't mind
> > starting from scratch then it should still work fine ;-)
> >

> Hmmm... you think that we need a HOWTO for this?  It does take a bit of
> exploring to get used to making the changes to the system?

I think that would be a good idea.

One was posted a while back for an older tree,  with a little modification
it would be up to date.  I can't remember who posted it :-( but it should
be in the archives.  I think it was aimed primarily at adding an
applications,  but that is the next thing after the kernel boots.

If someone want to start something I'll gladly fill in bits as I can,

davidm at snapgear.com  Fx: +61 7 3891 3630  825 Stanley St., W'gabba QLD 4102, Oz