[uClinux-dev] BINFMT_FLAT: Unknown relocation type=3

Fabrice Gautier Fabrice_Gautier at sdesigns.com
Tue Nov 13 19:38:25 EST 2001

Hi,

I have an Atmel eb63 ARM board, running uClinux 2.0.x. On top of that I
tried to run a multithread/glibc test app. For that I used NetLX glibc and
compiler. The application is a multithread test application that come with
the NetLX distro.

When trying to tun the test, I got this error (hundreds time):
BINFMT_FLAT: Unknown relocation type=3

I found on erwin website a Binary Flat format spec, and they don't mention
type 3 relocations.

I Quick look at Atmel and NetLX binfmt_flat.c shows they are quite
different, so I guess I will probably try to load a NetLX kernel and see
what happens, but I'm wondering which kernel and which compiler is right in
the end?
And does somebody knows what relocation type 3 is?

Thanks

--
Fabrice Gautier
Software Engineer, Sigma Designs