[uClinux-dev] Compiling and using xcopilot

Fabian fskivee at skynet.be
Tue Nov 13 05:12:02 EST 2001

Thanks for your advice. I try to compile the new release with your parameter
and no problem, it's done. But, I need to use a processor M68EZ328 on a
palmVx (8MB of ram). I try to compile the new release with these parameters :
	- platform 3com/PalmIIIx or 3com/Xcopilot
	- kernel 2.4.x
		- CPU M68EZ328
		- Palm V support
		- Ram size : auto or 8MB
		- kernel executes from : RAM.

	With this parameter, I received the following error :

make[2]: Entering directory
`/tmp/uClinux-dist/linux-2.4.x/arch/m68knommu/platform/68EZ328'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `PalmV/crt0_rom.S', needed by
`PalmV/crt0_rom.o'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/tmp/uClinux-dist/linux-2.4.x/arch/m68knommu/platform/68EZ328'

	It's logic because, there is no "PalmV" sub-directory in the directory
"linux-2.4.x/arch/m68knommu/platform/68EZ328". I try to copy the "PalmV"
directory from a uClinux2.4.10 kernel but without succes.

	Can you explain me how to have a RAM image for a Palm Vx (8 Mb) ?

	Best regards,

	Fabian

--

Skivée Fabian
[a] rue Petite Spinette 8, 4630 Soumagne, Belgium
[e] fskivee at skynet.be