[uClinux-dev] new uClinux distribution snapshot

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Mon Nov 12 17:33:08 EST 2001

Jivin Fabrice Gautier lays it down ...

uC-libc is the older version of uClibc.  It is simpler in some ways.  It
currently only supports ARM and m68k targets.  We use this libc for most of
our 68k targets,  mainly because it's the devil we know :-)

uClibc is the stuff that Erik Andersen looks after.  It is closer (interface
wise) to glibc and supports more HW platforms (ARM, m68k, x86, SuperH, ...).
Erik and Co. have put a lot of effort into making sure it complies to the
various API standards,

davidm at snapgear.com  Fx: +61 7 3891 3630  825 Stanley St., W'gabba QLD 4102, Oz