[uClinux-dev] arm thumb userspace programs

gerg gerg at snapgear.com
Mon Nov 12 08:13:30 EST 2001

Hi Adrian,

Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> When I build userspace programs in arm thumb: what is the best place to
> switch from arm to thumb space?
>
>  - the init code in _start or
>  - the loader (we're using FLAT binaries)?
>
> The first would not require thumb binaries to be flagged specially, so
> I'd guess it's much easier.

I would suggest the crt0.S code for the app is better (in _start
in otehr words). Not having to have special support is the loader
seems much cleaner to me.

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard        EMAIL:  gerg at snapgear.com
Snapgear                                       PHONE:    +61 7 3279 1822
825 Stanley St,                                  FAX:    +61 7 3279 1820
Woolloogabba, QLD, 4102, Australia               WEB:   www.snapgear.com