[uClinux-dev] [patch] ARM: -mdisable-got adapted for gcc-3.0.2

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at acter.ch
Mon Nov 12 03:30:55 EST 2001

Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So now which target should one uses for (cross) compiling
> a) - uclinux kernel ?
> b) - uclinux apps ?
>
> Does TARGET = arm-uclinux will do for both?
> Currently i have xgcc with TARGET = arm-uclinux-elf, I also used a
> TARGET=arm-elf sometime.
>
> What are now the main differences between those 3 TARGETs ?

Heyho!

My patch addresses only the -membedded-pic (formerly -mdisable-got)
issue; without this option, my changes should have no effect. I'm only
trying to use it for userspace, but I don't think the kernel should be a
problem.

BUT - there seems to be some errors when you try to generate thumb code;
I'm investigating this right now (a strb rX, [sp] instruction is somehow
generated - which is, of course, impossible in thumb, so the assembler
reports the error).

I'm not sure about the other targets - when I last looked,
arm-uclinux-elf would translate to arm-unknown-linux or something like
that and not use the uclinux specific files. This will become important
when I'll change default link target for uclinux, but I'm not sure if I
should submit this or just change it for our environment here.

hth & greets
-- vbi