[uClinux-dev] Motorola M-Core port of ucLinux

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Fri Nov 9 23:53:48 EST 2001

I have actually heard the opposite from our Moto reps. We
have design a system around the MMC2001 and although
the website is unchanged (no new parts), the data books are
not updated (the MMC2001 ref manual is nearly 4 years old
and is still "preliminary") they ensure us that they are not dropping
the MCore line.

I have also heard but not directly from Motorola that they will be
announcing some new parts very soon.

We are very pessimistic but we are kind of committed to the MCore
for the moment so....what can we do.... nothing really.

I probably wouldn't be designing a 2001 into a new system though
until I see some more public indications from Moto that they are
continuing the line.

Christian