[uClinux-dev] Motorola M-Core port of ucLinux

wroberts1 at home.com wroberts1 at home.com
Fri Nov 9 19:29:50 EST 2001

Motorola is discontinuing development on M-core.

They will still make existing parts (and should for long time),
but all new development will be done on the new coldfire parts.
The coldfire parts in development will have all the on-chip peripherals
that the the mcore now has.

Coldfire definately has better price/performance than mcore,
but not the A/D channels or PWM channels.  Mcore has no sdram
interface, so youd have to run out of flash with external sram
for buffers.  The kernel certainly wont fit on the internal flash.