[uClinux-dev] ARM7TDMI uClinux development [newbie questions]

Tomas Heran tomasheran at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 04:13:57 EST 2001

Hello all,
I have few newbie questions and it would be very nice, if someone could
"kickstart" me. The hardware I have (or going to get very very soon) is
prototype board based on ARM7TDMI core. It has DRAM and FLASH and
obviously no MMU.

My questions are here:
- what kernel I should get (2.0.x, 2.4.x, from CVS or from download) ?
- what crosscompiler to get ? I've been doing some Linux ARM development
  in the past and I have Russel King's 2.95.3 toolchain - is this one
  fine ?
- is there any "overview/big picture" paper on how port to mmu-less
  platform is working ?

- is there any downloadable mailing list archive, which one can import
  into his mail client ?

Thanks,
Tomas