[uClinux-dev] arm uclinux toolchain - source code?

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at acter.ch
Thu Nov 8 03:00:00 EST 2001

Thierry Durand wrote:

> Which gcc version are you using ? There are some guys here working with
> 3.0.1 on AT91, they are happy with it. I guess they didn't dive into the
> generated assembly, but relocation obviously seems to work.

gcc-2.96, working, as I said, on gcc-3.0.2

'normal' relocation with GOT-table works ok (I assume - we don't use
it).

What I couldn't manage was:
code is addressed as: jump address == pc + offset stored in a constant
in the 		text segment
data is addressed as: address of data == r9 + offset stored in a
constant in
	the text segment.

What normal GOT relocation does:
address =  *(pic base register r9 + offset stored in constant in .text)
(actually this would be the -msingle-pic-base case)

note the extra indirection. It's leaving that away which gives me the
headaches. (No, I can't just link statically, since this wants the
linker to resolve *all* adresses to absolute values, leaving away both
indirections.)

greets from Zürich
-- vbi