[uClinux-dev] pppd and chat

merry jacky at kingene.com.cn
Thu Nov 8 00:29:32 EST 2001

Hello guo xiaodong,
  Thanks you for helps,thought I read the  email come from Mr. Ilguiz,but I cann't find ldwrapper.patch" in the attachment.No attachment in the email Mr.Ilguiz's.Can you tell me how to get the ldwrapper-patch.txt.
>Hello Merry,
>
>1. The patch. I think you should review the email Mr. Ilguiz send to me. You could find the "ldwrapper.patch" in the attachment.

>2. Makefile. I suggest you'd better read the README file of PPP pakage carefully and then you will find that it is not necessary to revising the Makefile.linux.
>
>Now, I have manage to run pppd with chat successfully, and the ppp could support such commands as ping and ftp without problem. Frankly speaking, ppp is not as difficult as it was imaged. It does not need any revision of source code at all. The ppp package from www.uclinux.org has do all this perfectly. The work left to us is to choose the appropriate parameters for the execution of pppd.
>
>Thank Ilguiz for his warmhearted help again, and I am glad to share my experience with you.

I think the  Makefile.linux have some questions,it need chang.I donn't know whether you can running your pppd with modem or not.

>Guo
>

>This message resent by the uclinux-dev at uclinux.org list server http://www.uClinux.org/
 When I use pppd on the M68EZ328,it cann't works.There is one ethernet port on my EZ328 board and one serial port is working.The pppd and chat is ok.Only one serial port and one ethernet port on my EZ328 board.At first , connecting my ucsimm to a PC via a serial cable,then throught other PC telnet to my ucsimm.Chang the  PC via a serial cable to modem cable.But use the pppd,only see  ppp packets on screen.What wrong is my work?
The kernel uClinux-2.3.8( it ok).The pppd(2.2) and chat come form the lastest userland.when I use# /bin/pppd /dev/ttyS0 connect '/usr/sbin/chat -f /etc/ppp/123'
but the modem no working.I donn't knew the  reasons.Whether my /etc/ppp is wrong or not?
Can you email me your image.bin , pppd ,chat to me?

/etc/ppp/123
ABORT "BUSY"
ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
ABORT "NO ANSWER"
ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT '\nRINGING\r\n\r\nRINGING\r'
"" ATZS0=0E1
OK ATDT222
CONNECT ""
ogin:--ogin: ppp
assword: ppp
\~ ""

/etc/ppp/option
lock
-detach
noauth
modem
crtscts

/etc/ppp/option.ttyS1
defaultroute

/etc/ppp/peers/123
/dev/ttyS1
115200
connect '/usr/sbin/chat -f /etc/ppp/123'
      thanks very much!

            merry
            jacky at kingene.com.cn