[uClinux-dev] arm uclinux toolchain - source code?

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at acter.ch
Wed Nov 7 10:55:31 EST 2001

Heyho!

I'm still trying to get a gcc-3 toolchain for arm-uclinux - the big
problem is to get gcc to emit pc-relative code for code segment labels -
pic-register relative for data symbols is ok (acutally, pic-register
relative loads are generated for *everything* right now).

For reference purposes, I'm trying to find the source of the arm-tools
rpm distributed by aplio, I suspect that they have done more than just
applied one of Vladim Lebedev's patches
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2000-01/msg00216.html or
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2000-05/msg00368/arm-uclinux-gcc.patch).
But aplionet.aplio.fr and aplio.fr are dead, and there's no real content
on aplio.com).

Is one of these patches identical with what *should* appear on
http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/arm-tools/old/gcc-2.95.2.diff.tar.gz
? That one is still broken. It was reported before).

Any gcc hackers out there? There's some open questions on the gcc list,
if somebody is not over there and knows something, speak up...
(determining if a given SYMBOL_REF is in .text or in .data is the
problem. But I don't think I should spam this mailing list with gcc
internals.)

Also, I tried to email Vladim for some days, but he (or at least the
aplio.fr servers) have gone mia. Anybody knows if he can be contacted?

greets from Zürich
-- vbi