[uClinux-dev] which version of GCC is good for arm-uclinux porting ?

Tonny Tzeng tzengym at ms8.hinet.net
Tue Nov 6 20:41:49 EST 2001

Hi Durgesh,

The -mdisable-got option is no longer required for me, because
David McCullough already patch the elf2flt tool for ARM, so I'd recommend
you use the newer GCC3.0.1 in compiling both kernel and userland
applications. My note on the ARM toolchain is listed below, I hope it help!

http://www.geocities.com/tzengymtw/ARM/toolchain

Best regards,
Tonny
> I am trying to port uclinux2.4.x to ARM946ES processor based board.
> Initially I downloaded GCC 2.95.3 and binutils 2.11.2 and built arm-linux
> tool chain with uclibc. I was able to get kernel up and mount romfs. But
> then while loading the images from romfs I found that I need to build FLT
> images which need "-mdisable-got -msingle-pic-base" options available in
> GCC. These options were missing in GCC 2.95.3 standard distribution.
> So, then I searched and found GCC 2.96 20000407 available at
> http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/ports/arm7tdmi/ and built kernel.
Kernel

http://www.uClinux.org/