[uClinux-dev] BDM help.

MQuicquaro at necinfrontia.com MQuicquaro at necinfrontia.com
Tue Nov 6 13:46:40 EST 2001

Greg,
Thanks so much.  Whatever you get paid.....you should get paid more. :-)
Mike

I have a few more questions for the list about gdb/bdm debugging....in
particular with
the Motorola coldfire eval board.

It seems I can connect to the processor via the BDM.  I am using the
5272.gdb file.
One peculiar thing.  It looks like the whole script file gets executed
except the last line
which is "display/i $pc"  so I do it manually.

 Coldfire debug module version is 0 (5206(e))
(gdb) display/i $pc
2: x/i $pc  0xffe0a2be: btst #0,%a0@

Well, it looks ok so far.  Then I try to continue and...

(gdb) c
Continuing.

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0xffe0a87a in ?? ()
1: x/i $pc  0xffe0a87a: movew #9984,%sr

I get a trap although I know i don't have any trace/breakpoints set.

Can anyone explain to me what is going on here.

- Mike