[uClinux-dev] BDM help.

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Mon Nov 5 21:16:10 EST 2001

Hi Michael,

MQuicquaro at necinfrontia.com wrote:
> I'm trying to connect to my M5272C3 board via the BDM port.
> I have installed the bdm module and the "chk" utility seems to pass when
> I run it.  When I try to connect to the BDM port via gdb (I'm using the one
> in
> the tools directory of the uClinux-coldfire dist.) with the command
> "target bdm /dev/bdmcf0"  I notice that the board seems to get reset once
> or twice, but then I get the error message
> "BDM Error: Invalid Argument"
> in gdb.

What version of the BDM driver do you have?

There has been recent changes to its internals that mean
that older patched gdb's may not work. I would suggest
getting the gdb source and compiling one yourself, using
the gdb patchs that come with the BDM driver package.

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard        EMAIL:  gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear                                       PHONE:    +61 7 3435 2888
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia              WEB:   www.snapgear.com