[uClinux-dev] Palm architecture information

Fabian Skivée fskivee at skynet.be
Sun Nov 4 16:43:10 EST 2001

Hello,

I'm a student in computer science at the University of Liege in Belgium. For
my thesis, I would like to study the ability for the palms to support a
real-time platform and to develop a real time operating system for a palm Vx.
I 'm trying to understand the M68EZ328 processor, and the m68k instruction
set.

I can't find other information about the palm hardware, information such as
the connection between the components, the memory map,... I 'm also looking
for the code to handle the interrupt, the LCD, a bootstrap loader ...  Could
you help me or give me some information about all this ?

I don't understand how the palm organises its memory. How can I replace the
palmOS by my own OS ? How can I generate a valid rom file from my binary file
? Where in the memory must I put my code ? I would like to have a precise
memory map of the palm Vx and all the constraints I have to respect (the
double writing in memory for the first addresses ...)

Could you give me a bootloader which would let me call my OS start function
? Can I place my OS in Ram and so force the processor to execute my code and
never go out of this ? Could you give me the Palm OS source code which starts
the palm Vx ?

I hope that you 'll take the time to answer my mail , if you can give me
some other information or if you are interested by my research, then say so.

Thank you very much,

Best Regards

Fabian Skivée

--

Skivée Fabian - student in computer science (University of Liege in Belgium)

[a] rue Petite Spinette 8, 4630 Soumagne, Belgium
[t] + 32 (0) 4 377 23 76
[g] + 32 (0) 498 62 47 03 (direct)
[e] skivee at montefiore.ulg.ac.be