[uClinux-dev] JFFS and FATAL FLASH ERROR

Joel Smith jsmith-uclinux at jk1.net
Fri Nov 2 15:26:23 EST 2001

A ha!  Using 128k boundaries for the partitions solved the problems, since for
two chips in parrallel the erase block size is 128k.  I guess erasing one
partation was stomping on part of another, and the other partition often
believed it was erased up to 128k when it was only erased to 64k (since the
other half of its erase block lived in the other partition).  So now my
partitions are sized like so:

flb0  size 0x020000
flb1  size 0x0E0000
flb2  size 0x100000
flb3  size 0x600000

And everything works great!  This calls for taking the weekend off. :)
Later,
Joel