[uClinux-dev] do_global_dtors problem

Matt Waddel mattw at lineo.com
Fri Nov 2 11:30:08 EST 2001

Hi,

I have been getting the following results on an M5272C3
system when I use the "cat" command from the Fileutils
userland package.

# cat /etc/inittab
inet:unknown:/bin/inetd
boa:unknown:/bin/boa
Illegal instruction
#

Using gdbserver I have traced it to the do_global_dtors
routine.  It loads in a very large value then tries to jump
there and this causes cat crash and return to a shell
prompt.  (Sometimes cat will return a SIGSEGV.)

Since everything seems to run fine after that and
the busybox cat functions properly, I am wondering
if there is a subtle problem with the toolchains.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Isn't do_global_dtors
a c++ function?  Any enlightenment on the constructor/
destructor functions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt Waddel