[uClinux-dev] 5272, bootloader, and "Calibrating Delay Loops.."

Travis Griggs tgriggs at keyww.com
Fri Nov 2 03:03:28 EST 2001

Greg Ungerer wrote:

> Hi Travis,
>
> Travis Griggs wrote:
>
>>We have (finally) been successful in creating a port of colilo for the
>>5272C3 board. And it appears we're getting close. This has been a real
>>uphill struggle for us. After telling it to (b)oot, it indicates that it
>>is uncompressing the kernel, and then we see it start to boot uClinux.
>>It gets as far as "Calibrating Delay Loops..". We put some printk lines
>>in and it appears that jiffies is never incrementing. from what (very
>>little) I understand about jiffies, thats not a good thing. When we ran
>>it on top of dBug, it booted fine. So... I'm hoping there's someone out
>>there that can give me information on what state I've got to put the
>>chip in for uClinux to be booted. Because it looks like I'm missing
>>something. :(
>>

> This is almost certainly an interrupt problem. The first thing
> I would check is what you have the PIVR register to. uClinux
> expects it to be set to 0x40. (It does not power on reset to
> this value, and dBUG sets it to 0x40). This setting bases the
> interrtupts at 64 on up.

Hmmm.... I'm getting so close I can feel it. :)

As soon as I put this code in, it hangs colilo. It just sits there. I
tried it in the initial part of colilo's main.c right after chip
selects. I put it just before it jumps to startimage. Either way, it
just sits there after I set the PIVR registry (mbar + 0x3F) to 0x40.
There must be something else I need to do in conjunction with this.

--
Travis Griggs
Member: 3rd Boolean State Software Collective