[uClinux-dev] arm-uclinux-gcc problem with relocation symbols

Tom Walsh tom at cyberiansoftware.com
Thu Nov 1 22:05:24 EST 2001

Durgesh Pattamatta wrote:

> But now I am facing a new problem with init program present under
> cvs\userland. Inside the init program I am not able to open "ttyS0" device.
> I think I have to post this as a separate problem to the list.

Check to make sure that you configured a console device for the kernel.
In my 68EZ328 configuration for the kernel, I use the 68328serial.c
driver, yours will be different?

Then, check to see that the driver comes up in the boot messages as
being found.

Then, check to make sure that you have config'ed a the console driver in
/etc/inittab, mine reads for a 2.4.6 kernel:

# inittab for uClinux
# Format:
# ttyline:termcap-entry:getty-command
inetd:unknown:/bin/inetd
# boa:unknown:/bin/boa
ttyS0:vt100:/bin/agetty 115200 /dev/ttyS0

TomW