[uClinux-dev] 5272, bootloader, and "Calibrating Delay Loops.."

Travis Griggs tgriggs at keyww.com
Thu Nov 1 20:21:57 EST 2001

Steve Johnson wrote:

> Travis,
>
>    If you're hanging in "Calibrating Delay Loops..", usually your
> interrupts aren't set up correctly.  Check your timer interrupt.
>
>    Steve
>
> Travis Griggs wrote:
>
>>  uphill struggle for us. After telling it to (b)oot, it indicates that
>> it is uncompressing the kernel, and then we see it start to boot
>> uClinux. It gets as far as "Calibrating Delay Loops..". We put some
>> printk lines in and it appears that jiffies is never incrementing.
>> from what (very little) I understand about jiffies, thats not a good
>> thing. When we ran it on top of dBug, it booted fine. So... I'm hoping
>> there's someone out there that

Which one? The 5272 has 4 timers. How do I know which one(s) uClinux
wants to use. The part that's confusing me is what does the bootloader
take responsibility for. My naive sense is that if uClinux is going to
be registering interrupt handlers, it's its job to get them setup. But
this is not entirely the case, I'm discovering.

--
Travis Griggs
Member: 3rd Boolean State Software Collective