[uClinux-dev] arm-uclinux-gcc problem with relocation symbols

Tom Walsh tom at cyberiansoftware.com
Thu Nov 1 18:17:51 EST 2001

Durgesh Pattamatta wrote:

> I checked my vmlinux.lds file and it looks fine with the memory map on my
> board. But what puzzles me is how vmlinux.lds linker script is related to
> the userland binaries ? I just compiled a small hello world program with
> "-mdisable-got -Wl,-r" options and did a objdump of relocation symbols
> (objdump --reloc hello.elf). The dump shows the proper relocation types. But
> when ldelf2flt.c reads the same file it reads wrong relocation type for the
> symbols ie., it reads relocation type 0 for all the symbols. I think with
> "-Wl,-r" option gcc uses
> /opt/arm/arm-little-uclinux/lib/ldscripts/armelf_uclinux.xr linker script.
> Do you think there is a problem with my libgcc.a which is used by ldelf2flt
> to parse the elf image file ???

No, I think that it may have something to do with the -mdisable-got
option.  I am not sure what that option does, but, if you look through
the mail archives for the past month (or so), there had been some
information about when to use it, and when to not use it.  See:
http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/archive/index.html

TomW