[uClinux-dev] 5272, bootloader, and "Calibrating Delay Loops.."

Travis Griggs tgriggs at keyww.com
Thu Nov 1 19:22:21 EST 2001

We have (finally) been successful in creating a port of colilo for the
5272C3 board. And it appears we're getting close. This has been a real
uphill struggle for us. After telling it to (b)oot, it indicates that it
is uncompressing the kernel, and then we see it start to boot uClinux.
It gets as far as "Calibrating Delay Loops..". We put some printk lines
in and it appears that jiffies is never incrementing. from what (very
little) I understand about jiffies, thats not a good thing. When we ran
it on top of dBug, it booted fine. So... I'm hoping there's someone out
there that can give me information on what state I've got to put the
chip in for uClinux to be booted. Because it looks like I'm missing
something. :(

As soon, as we get this working we'd love to publish this version of
colilo. If there's someone who's working on this (getting uClinux to run
on the 5272) and wants to play with it, then let me know. I'd love to
have someone with more experience figure this out. :)

--
Travis Griggs
Member: 3rd Boolean State Software Collective