[uClinux-dev]

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Thu Nov 1 18:48:16 EST 2001

Jivin Mark Barton lays it down ...
> O.K., I was really getting into the uClinux thing and thought I understood
> the basics, but now I'm not so sure. I'm using the 20010529 distribution and
> I'm quickly migrating to the 20010622 distribution. I want to get the latest
> and greatest from the CVS repository (cvs.uclinux.org), but I am confused on
> how to actually go about getting the changes. I have been able to login and
> check out the kernel and userland directories using the Anonymous CVS
> directions from cvs.uclinux.org. Now do I do an update by issuing	"cvs
> -x3 -d:pserver:anonymous:uclinux.org... update -d -P" from the
> uClinux-distribution directory or is there something else I have to do?

You can't update the uClinux-distribution from CVS because it doesn't
contain any CVS control files.  The best you can do is checkout a copy
of the kernel from CVS and then replace the one in the uClinux-distribution
with the freshly checked out version.

So to put the latest uClinux-2.4.10 kernel into the 20010622 release:

	mv linux-2.4.x linux-2.4.old
	cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous:uclinux.org co -d linux-2.4.x uClinux-2.4.x

Be careful with the userland apps,  they may not slot into the
uClinux-distribution tree as is,  I would suggest that you stick with the
libs/apps in the 20010622 distro as is.

davidm at snapgear.com  Fx: +61 7 3891 3630  825 Stanley St., W'gabba QLD 4102, Oz