[uClinux-dev] arm-uclinux-gcc problem with relocation symbols

Durgesh Pattamatta DPattamatta at valencesemi.com
Thu Nov 1 12:38:11 EST 2001

I checked my vmlinux.lds file and it looks fine with the memory map on my
board. But what puzzles me is how vmlinux.lds linker script is related to
the userland binaries ? I just compiled a small hello world program with
"-mdisable-got -Wl,-r" options and did a objdump of relocation symbols
(objdump --reloc hello.elf). The dump shows the proper relocation types. But
when ldelf2flt.c reads the same file it reads wrong relocation type for the
symbols ie., it reads relocation type 0 for all the symbols. I think with
"-Wl,-r" option gcc uses
/opt/arm/arm-little-uclinux/lib/ldscripts/armelf_uclinux.xr linker script.
Do you think there is a problem with my libgcc.a which is used by ldelf2flt
to parse the elf image file ???

regards,
durgesh